2.03.2010

I write mostly on Hotel Paper, knowing my thoughts will never leave this room...

Hey everyone! Sorry for the lack of blogging...

SO much has been going on!! We have a ton of upcoming out of town shows. Kentucky, northern Indiana, possibly Chicago, several different cities in Florida, plus more in the works... We even got asked to come to Canada!! Pretty exciting!! We also just did a new photo shoot... Above is an exclusive first look at one of our new shots. ;) The rest will be up shortly on our MySpace and Facebook.

Also, we just recorded "The Empty Room" for the first time, all the way through. All the instrumentation is done, but I'm still working on the melody. It's coming though. Once that's done, the song is essentially completed for pre-production. :) We also have another new one we're about to record call "A Heart That's Torn". We're going to try to play both new songs at upcoming shows!! We've been working on a whole new set, and I'm pretty stoked at how it's coming along.

Nic's really blown me away with the leads he's been coming up with. I love how he just gets what I'm saying. I'll write the song, show it to him, and tell him, "Can you come up with a lead that sounds kind of eerie?" or "How about a simple lead right here? Nothing too overpowering, but something epic, that leads into this and helps build it..." and he just DOES it. Perfectly. Exactly how I imagined it sounding in my head, he manages to come up with it in minutes that just fits and makes the song. He has so much talent. I think our sibling bond helps us communicate really well too.

Besides band stuff, I've been enjoying reading Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen, listening to Michelle Branch and Jack Johnson, and watching my favorite shows: Friends, American Idol, House, and Chuck!!! Such great shows! :) And then in a couple weeks, my grandpa is coming to visit for a week, and will finally get to see us play live... pretty stoked about that!!

So that's all the news I have for you right now. I'm really excited about sharing the new music and photos with you all!! And if you can, stop by a show and hear the songs live! We'd love to see you there. :)

4 comments:

  1. Chicago!!!!! i would SO come see you :D

    and also...yay for michelle branch ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! :D That would be awesome!!

    And yes, she is epic. I love her. :) I need to get more of her stuff on my iPod!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow-- congrats Cait! sounds like things are on the fast-track for you guys... so cool to see everything clicking :) Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cait, It's your cuz Jamie. Can't wait to see you guys next week. I actually think I will get to make the Ichthus to hear you all play. You and Nick are so amazingly talented and beautiful people. Inside and out. I am blessed to have you in my family. You are always in my heart and in my prayers.

    Love ya. jamie

    ReplyDelete